Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Sad goodbye


We had to let Molly go at the weekend.  It wasn't working out well at all. They encouraged each other to totally slaughter my house, wee and poo everywhere, and steal every morsel of food they could find. Countless pairs of school shoes were chewed, there were vicious tear-ups several times a day, and their mother was totally stressed.  It was just no good.
She has gone with a lovely older couple who live on the outskirts of the village.  I embarrassed myself by crying in front of them when they came to collect her, so did littlest daughter.  But even then we still knew it was for the best for the dogs, and for the humans.

At first it was going to be Tess who was going until I realised how attatched to Dal she has become. She sleeps on the sofa with him every night. Yes, that's where HE sleeps! EVERY night! Well, he has got a cottage of his own round the corner, but he stays here most of the time and he does make himself useful when he's here, and we are good friends, but nothing more, never again! I know it might seem sad to some but we are both happy as we are. I think he would like more but it can never be because we've tried again several times and it just doesn't work. It usually takes about a month tops before I want to strangle him again!  Anyway, back to the matter in hand.

So Molly has gone, bless her, to her new home with her new family.  They haven't rang to beg us to take her back so it must be working out.  Littlest daughter still misses her dreadfully, but does understand how impossible it was to keep both of them.

 
   Tess (and Cindy)

Our house was instantly more peaceful and calm.  There is hardly any mess, wee, poo, and fights.  Tess is a lovely dog.  She was always the calmer one, but now she is completely chilled out.  She has a lovely temperament and is a joy to own!  I am proud to call her our puppy! But it's still such a sad time.


I'm so sorry Molly, it's not because we didn't like you or love you, honey, but we couldn't go on like we were. We tried so hard to make it work with all of you together, but in the end it was no good for any of you. Or us. You will have a better life with your new people, and they will love you and take care of you. You will be able to have all the attention to yourself, and you won't have to fight for it.  We miss you loads, but I'm sure we'll bump into you again one day soon. You're not far away. Be happy and have a good life. Love you  xxxx.

Now I'm off again, honestly, it's like turning on a tap!




5 comments:

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

You did the right thing - she will have a fantastic life and she's nearby. Our dogs had 12 puppies over two litters and I cried every single time I handed a puppy over even though each new family had been around at my place spending afternoons with the pups before they took them home. I had my dog spayed - no more, too much heartache and two litters of Jack Russell pups was more than enough for my wee angel Taz. She was a terrific mum and we see four of her pups around the village and the rest went locally.

Don't be sad, a lovely older couple have a great companion to keep them fit and healthy walking it and it gets superb attantion and loads of love.X

Anonymous said...

You shouldn't be upset. You have given Molly and wonderful opportunity and made her happy. We humans are such softies!!

Take care
CJ xx

Suburbia said...

aww, so sad she's gone, but you have made sure she has a nice place to go and hopefully now your place will stay nice too!

Anonymous said...

so sorry to come onto this so late. What you did, Soo, was a brave and selfless thing, you must remember that through your heartbreak. Molly will be very happy in her new home. xxxx

Lori ann said...

Dear Suzy, so sorry to hear you are sad. Maybe you can visit Molly from time to time. I would be happy with no poo though.
Happy Holidays,
xx lori