There have been a few developments over the last few days.
I've dropped the course I was doing. I was struggling with it, and getting behind, and not enjoying it very much at all. Probably because I spent too much time fiddling around with beads and bits of wire and stuff.
My studies resume in February 2009 with a course on Computers and Processors-more my cup of tea (as in it's not a programming course!).
However, I have taken heed of all your comments about my jewellery and I've taken the plunge and officially registered my new jewellery business. I'm just waiting to hear back from them that the name I have chosen is not being used by anyone already, and then we're away! This break in study is great because I can now concentrate fully on my jewellery without feeling guilty about wasting time when I should be studying. Also when study does resume I will only be doing one course not two, unlike last year.
You can be sure I will be letting you all know the name and details as soon as I get confirmation.
I can't wait!
I'm scared and excited and lots of other emotions all at the same time! One moment I'm thinking 'Yeah, great, I've done the right thing. Dead cert', and the next I'm going 'Am I completely insane taking such a big risk? Will I ever be able to sell enough of it?'.
Wish me luck and watch this space!


7 comments:
Good luck to you Suzie, at the very least you will be fullfilling your potential. Jewellery is a lucrative market so get in there!
I know its a risk but it sounds like it will make you a happier person.
Quite right to put your course on hold. Its not worth being stressed about something you're not happy with anyway. (Listen to me, the life Guru here)
Please please keep us posted about this xxx
Good luck to you Suzie, at the very least you will be fullfilling your potential. Jewellery is a lucrative market so get in there!
I know its a risk but it sounds like it will make you a happier person.
Quite right to put your course on hold. Its not worth being stressed about something you're not happy with anyway. (Listen to me, the life Guru here)
Please please keep us posted about this xxx
Course you're doing the right thing - and the best of British (or should I say Cornish?) luck to you!
Brilliantly positive post. Good luck with your new venture and congratulations for 'going for it'!
You'll expeience all those natural highs and lows and have a real rollercoaster whilst you get the business up and running. Enjoy the ride because you know you are alive! Your jewellery is lovely and you hav a talent so good luck too. I know what you mean about your course - I was always much more interested in how the hardware and software processed work and optimising performance. I used to teach system internals courses - white knuckle stuff at times especially when I was teaching PHD's! Enjoy your break and one OU course a year is much more manageable! You'll probably enjoy it much more.
Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. I sure will keep you all posted. Its all getting quite exciting!
How exciting Suzy! well, you know the saying, you never know unless you try! It sounds like you've got just what it takes, passion and talent! yay!
xx lori
Post a Comment