The disaster being my assignment. I've never handed in such a terrible article since I was at school!! Don't expect any joy and celebrations for that mark. I probably won't even admit to it's score when I get it. Much of this disaster was caused by....
The other disaster being the loading of the software to my new camera into my laptop. It totally gnarlsed up it's boot-up menu, so it couldn't start up, thus resulting in not being able to get into my computer at all, not no way, no how. So in the end after numerous attempts to solve the
problem, I had to do a complete recovery of the system wiping the hard drive and starting again
from scratch. Luckily, I had a full back up from November 5th, but this happened on something like the 19th so all the stuff in between (including said assignment up to that point) was gone gone gone.
I could understand it if I was (dodgily, illegally) downloading a film, or a game, or something, but I wasn't. It was perfectly legal software on the CD that came with the new camera.

Now for the delights..
Little kids room has been decorated and it looks stunning - half is Flamingo Fun and half is Summer Medley. I'll try n sort out pics tomorrow in daylight. I don't think I have before pics, but considering it looked like someone had chucked a hand grenade in there I don't suppose that matters!
And just take a look at these gorgeous girlies...

At the moment, a lot of the time they are messy, smelly, destructive, and hard work, but ain't they beautiful dogs? They have lovely little characters and every day they do something adorable to make up for the bad bits!
But remember...
A DOG IS FOR LIFE-NOT JUST FOR CHRISTMAS!





8 comments:
Beautiful dogs - their faces are simply gorgeous. And they are definitely for life.
What a bummer about the pc. I hardly ever back stuff up and know it's stupid of me.
CJ xx
Gorgeous wee babies. Bummer about the assignment and you have my total sympathies bith as an IT person and an OU student too!
I wish we could have two dogs exactly like these but travel and too small a space(we just don't have the room) are not fair to animals!maybe someday.I love the message you wrote at the end of the post Suzy,good job!
xx
Beautiful dogs :)
I do feel for you with your assignment. All that hard work lost in an instant. However, you never know, I can remember handing in TMA's that I thought were pretty awful and getting a better mark than expected. So good luck with it, it may not be as bad as you think!
Those dogs are so sweet!
Don't talk to me about technology, soo, my brand new laptops' got to go back to bloody PC world. Why the flip can't these expensive things last these days.
Good luck with your assignment
They are pretty girls!!
Thanks for stopping by my place. I'd probably enjoy cleaning more if I had your vacuum cleaner. As I recall, you're the one with the cool vac.
Sorry, just went back and checked your blog. You call it a hoover! It's a pretty cheerful one.
AAaaargh! Computers, eh? I had a nightmare on Thurs as I realised that I'd spent two hours writing reports, saved them on my memory stick, but not backed them up. I worried until I managed to get to work and download them onto the system.
Dogs, yes, I'd love one, but couldn't look after one in my chaotic life, so I just admire others'. Lovely!
PS I think we've all done one 'under par' assignment at one time or another.
Post a Comment