Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Another HUGE Surprise...

The first night I was away...



...had some of these....




Sounds really irresponsible, but I truly had no idea that this was about to happen, and neither did anyone else until it all started. She had four in all but the first two were stillborn. But she is doing fine and bodily functions are all working normally. She is such a good mum and the puppies are a bit bigger already.


But I would just like to say that I am so proud of Dal and the kids and the way they all dealt with things together (D didn't want me to stress on my weekend away so didn't tell me till the Sunday night after T4). He and my eldest (son) stayed up all night taking it in turns to check on her and deal with cleaning up and carrying out a burial/funeral the next day.

I am totally blown away! But I also feel terrible like I've let her down by not being there for her, and for it happening at all at her age, for that matter. The father is most likely next doors dog. They asked if they could have one of the puppies when they are old enough which is lovely as it will be going to a really good home.

We're going to keep the other one, but which one I don't know. That will be a horrid ordeal to face another day.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pup. If you get stuck for names, I have a big girl who loves choosing.

CJ xx

A Mother's Place is in the Wrong said...

Bless that doggie's heart, she must be very proud - and so must you! Margot xx