Thursday, July 10, 2008

Pissistent Rain!

It has pissistently (?) rained for a week now. My peas are drowning, the weeds are thriving, and the grass is 10ft high again!

I forgot to mention that, in my devastation last week, when I got back into the car from my mountaineering tantrum, I managed to reverse over a huge boulder. The result being that ever since then, I've been trying to stop the exhaust from falling off! I spent most of last week piecing together my back bumper with fibreglass resin. I've also been trying to get the fibreglass resin off my hands, glasses, and out of my hair ever since! Nightmare stuff, don't ever touch it, it sticks to everything, it sticks everything TO everything, but it does double up as an excellent nail hardener!




I think my brakes are a bit shot as well. Not quite down to the rivets yet, though!! Please, dear little car, just last one more week until the kids break up then I can afford to be without you for a couple of days and take you to the garage for a treat!

My mum rang me yesterday, she is coming down with my brother to see us, the day I get back from T4. This is really, really exciting as I haven't seen her for 7 years. My littlest girl was only nine months old last time mum came, so she will be meeting her Gran properly for the first time!


Coming home from T4 is usually such an anti-climax, so this year it will be different as there's another special event straight after.

As for men - who needs 'em anyway? I always remember seeing a saying somewhere. Goes a bit like this...

A WOMAN NEEDS A MAN LIKE A FISH NEEDS A BICYCLE!

Exactly.



Oh, yes, and I got a...


not the highest mark in the world. I lost marks evenly throughout the assignment, not cos I was clueless about one particular thing!

It'll do.

2 comments:

Working Mum said...

75%? That's a grade A, give yourself a pat on the back!

My car's exhaust fell off when one of my pupils accidentally hit it with his football (not hard, either). I don't know who was more mortified, him or me!

Suburbia said...

Well done on 75%
I did my BSC with the OU. They were great and I miss it a bit now.

Hope your car lasts out!

Thanks for visiting me.